Clinics & Services
The practice nurse is qualified to carry out a variety of procedures, including the following:
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Cervical Smear Tests
- Blood Tests (this service is for patients with mobility issues)
- Childhood Immunisations
- Travel Vaccinations and advice
- Ear Syringing
- Dietary and Lifestyle advice
- Smoking Cessation
- Suture Removal and Wound Care
- Well Woman Checks
- Asthma/COPD Monitoring
- Diabetic Check Ups
For residents of Lambeth and Southwark there is now a free STI testing service. SH:24 provides free and confidential STI testing that you can access 24 hours a day. They test for: Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis & HIV. To order up your free home test kit please go to https://sh24.org.uk/ .
Advice and services including emergency contraception are available from your GP. Repeat prescriptions for the contraceptive pill and patch are available as well from the practice nurse.
Please note, emergency contraception is only effective if taken within 72 hours.
All contraceptive advice and treatment is confidential for all of our patients – including teenagers.
Coil fitting is available from the local Family Planning clinics – a list of these is available from reception Family Planning Association website: http://www.fpa.org.uk/.
You no longer need to see a GP for a Antenatal referral, you can self refer via the following methods -
Kings College Hospital - Visit https://www.kch.nhs.uk/forms/kchantenatal and complete the online form
Guy's & St Thomas' Hospital - Click here to download their referral form. Complete and then email to email@example.com
Child immunisations are done during normal surgery hours or during Baby Clinics by the nurse. It is recommended that children have the following immunisations:
Age of child & recommended immunisation
- 2 months Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Meningitis C and HIB
- 3 months Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Meningitis C and HIB- repetition needed to build immunity
- 4 months Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Meningitis C and HIB - repetition needed to build immunity
- 1 year MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
- 3 years and 6 months Booster against MMR, Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria
In addition to the above, all children are now given immunisations against pneumonia during their first twelve months. A tetanus booster is also recommended every 10 years.
Minor Surgery Clinics
These are run by Dr Patel and if you wish to have or feel you may need minor surgery then please book an appointment, via reception, to discuss this prior to surgery.